Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Inspirations - Japanese Snacks

Like a lot of you, I love all things Japanese: food, culture, clothes, and much more. I have a huge list of things that inspire me and one of those is japanese snacks. I love how unique and cute their candies and snacks are. I am always on the look out for things like this to inspire new charms or styles of charms. I gather inspiration from rare and unique sweets from around the world. One of my most popular charms, boba tea, was inspired by the asian drink, originally from Taiwan. 


This past week, I went to my local world foods market and picked up these kawaii goodies:








"Caramel Corn", which is nothing like the American version, but interestingly yummy! It is almost like cheetos without cheese and coated in a crunchy caramel glaze. I love the kawaii packaging on this one! I probably won't be making an Japanese caramel corn charms, but I love the inspiration of bright colors and cute characters on the package.






"Pudding" candies, which look just like the picture on the package and were creamy and delicious. I am thinking about making some pudding charms as inspiration from these.



Hope you all have a great Wednesday. Don't forget to enter the giveaway by April 25th!

xo Aubree

2 comments:

  1. hi! I'm new to the blogging scene and came across your site. my are you talented! just had to follow u! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope you continue to enjoy my blog and creations!

    ReplyDelete